Saturday, February 20, 2010

Painting the "prism"

Well I finished painting all the bone color on my "Fire Prism".  I started with a base coat mixture of bleached bone and snakebite leather at a ratio of 80/20.

I then added bleached bone as the first highlight

The second highlight is a 50/50 mix of bleached bone and skull white

The third highlight is  a 75/25 mix of skull white and bleached bone

The final highlight is a mix of skull white and just enough bleached bone to slightly change the color. 


I really like how this is turning out.  I am hoping to get the small details (like the mouth, eyes, armor plates, ect.) finished tonight, and get a base coat on the rider.  This weekend has been busy so I have only had about an hour to spend painting.  I am putting off painting the wings till last so that I don't rub off the paint while handling the model.  

Thanks again for tuning in,

-The Man Behind the Mask-

No comments: